Raksha Bandhan honours the religious bond between a brother and a sister. It is a Hindu festival in which a sister ties a rakhi around the wrist of her brother. Raksha Bandhan will be observed this year on Thursday, August 11, 2022. This festival is held on the full moon day of Shravana, also known as Purnima. The dates change each year depending on the position of the Moon.
It is one of the oldest festivals observed in India. On this day, sisters apply tilak to their brothers’ foreheads and tie a sacred thread called a ‘Rakhi’ around their wrists as a sign of affection and to pray for his long life.
In exchange, the brothers give her gifts and promise to protect her for the rest of her life.
RAKSHA BANDHAN 2022: WISHES AND MESSAGES
1. I feel free and protected at the same time, whenever I am with you my brother. Wishing you a prosperous year ahead. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
2. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my leg-puller, my beautiful sibling, my gatekeeper, and the lone individual who knows everything about me. Much obliged for continually being there. Happy Raksha Bandhan
3. A very Happy Raksha Bandhan to the most annoying person in this world and strangely the person I love the most. Lots of wishes and chocolates coming your way!
4. Hey sister!! I may be younger you but strong enough to protect you from any evil. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
5. Sending you a thread of love which will bind our heart and life and makes our bond of togetherness stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan! Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan!!
RAKSHA BANDHAN 2022: QUOTES
1. A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.
2. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.
3. Sky is blue, feel this hue, my love is for you, which is always true, Happy Rakshabandhan bhai.