- The National Safety Council of India commemorates National Safety Day (NSD) every year on March 4th
- It’s a day to encourage awareness and dedication to workplace safety rules that must be followed to avoid workplace accidents and mishaps
- The goal of this day is to encourage the general public and employees to work safely
The National Safety Council of India commemorates National Safety Day (NSD) every year on March 4th. It’s a day to encourage awareness and dedication to workplace safety rules that must be followed to avoid workplace accidents and mishaps.
The goal of this day is to encourage the general public and employees to work safely by following all safety regulations.
The National Safety Council raises awareness of all safety measures, including workplace safety, human health safety, road safety, and environmental safety, through this particular day.
Historical Background and Importance:
The National Safety Day was first marked in 1972 on the National Safety Council’s founding day. The Ministry of Labour and Employment established the Council on March 4, 1965, to put into practice a routine on health, safety, and the environment. The National Safety Council celebrated National Safety Day for the 50th time last year.
Every year, a topic is chosen to highlight the importance of public work safety on this important day. The subject for National Safety Day 2022 is ‘Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture,’ according to a report.
What is the significance of National Safety Day?
- To promote & improve worker welfare: Through National Safety Day, employers can encourage employees to take a proactive approach to safety by identifying workplace dangers and decreasing accidents.
- To celebrate the National Safety Council’s impact: National Safety Day emphasizes factors such as reducing accidents and exposing dangerous circumstances.
- It sets a good example for the workers: Keeping a check or committing to working safely provides a positive example for the workforce. When working in an industry or manufacturing, safety should be a top consideration. No worker should be forced to choose between their livelihood and their ability to work safely.