- From today, March 16, 2022, children aged 12 to 14 will be vaccinated against Covid-19
- Corbevax COVID-19 vaccine, made by Biological E in Hyderabad, will be given to the children in the age category specified
- The precautionary dose is now available to all healthcare personnel, frontline employees, and those over the age of 60
According to Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, biological E’s Corbevax will be supplied to youngsters aged 12-13 and 13-14 years.
Covid-19 Vaccination for Children
From today, March 16, 2022, children aged 12 to 14 will be vaccinated against Covid-19. Corbevax COVID-19 vaccine, made by Biological E in Hyderabad, will be given to the children in the age category specified. From March 16, all people over the age of 60 will receive the COVID-19 precautionary dose.
The co-morbidity clause for delivering prophylactic doses to senior adults has been abolished by the centre. The preventive dose will now be given to all persons over the age of 60 ,who are eligible. Only people over the age of 60 with co-morbidities were previously eligible for the preventive dose.
On the occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, “Today marks a significant milestone in India’s vaccination campaign. From now on, children aged 12 to 14 are eligible for immunizations, while individuals aged 60 and up are eligible for precautionary doses. I strongly recommend that people in these age categories be vaccinated.”
COVID-19 vaccination for 15-18 year olds began in India on January 3, 2022. In the absence of an Aadhaar card, the youngsters were able to register for Covid vaccination using their 10th student ID card. From January 10, 2022, the precautionary dose was made available to healthcare and frontline workers, as well as people over 60 with co-morbidities.
How can I schedule a COVID-19 vaccination slot for 12-15-year-old child?
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the CoWIN app or use Aarogya Setu to access it.
- Register with one of the parents’ phone numbers or any other valid phone number.
- Select “Receive OTP on Mobile,” then enter and validate the OTP.
- On the Cowin homepage, update the child’s identity evidence under the new category.
- The children’s Aadhaar cards or 10th ID cards can be used to register them.
- Schedule a vaccination appointment at a nearby vaccination centre at a convenient time.
Which COVID vaccine will be given to children aged 12 to 15?
According to Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, biological E’s Corbevax will be supplied to youngsters aged 12-13 and 13-14 years. Corbevax is a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, similar to Covaxin, that will be given 28 days apart.
Corbevax is the first Receptor Binding Domain Protein sub-unit vaccine produced in India against COVID-19.In February 2022, it was approved for emergency use in children aged 12 to 18.
When to take precautionary or booster dose of COVID-19?
The precautionary dose of COVID-19 must be taken nine months after having completely vaccinated, according to current government guidelines.
In India, who is eligible for the COVID-19 preventive dose?
The precautionary dose is now available to all healthcare personnel, frontline employees, and those over the age of 60.