×
Videos Agriculture Health Business Education Positive Breaking Sports Ansuni Gatha Advertise with Us Catch The Rainnew More
HOME >> AGRICULTURE

AGRICULTURE

ARKA VERTICAL GARDEN SCHEME: KERALA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES VERTICAL GARDEN SCHEME WITH 75 PERCENT SUBSIDY

by Sai Shruti

Date & Time: Feb 28, 2022 11:00 PM

Read Time: 2 minute


HIGHLIGHTS-

  • The Kerala government has recently launched the Arka Vertical Garden Scheme2022.
  • The SHM will pay subsidies to those who intend to form a vertical garden.
  • The beneficiary will receive 75% of the cost of setting up the vertical garden, and the beneficiary will bear 25% of the cost.

The Kerala government has recently launched the Arka Vertical Garden Scheme2022. The scheme was launched as part of the state horticulture mission. It is a mission for the integrated development of horticulture in Kerala. All eligible residents of the state who live in rural regions and want to grow vegetables for their own consumption can apply for the subsidy and take the benefits of the scheme. All eligible candidates may apply through the official webpage. The online application deadline for the scheme is March 1. Applications can be filled via www.shm.kerala.gov.in.


Vertical Garden Subsidy

The Arka vertical garden scheme is a state horticultural mission initiative. The scheme aims to promote vertical farming in the state. The SHM will pay subsidies to those who intend to form a vertical garden. This initiative will support beneficiaries in establishing a vertical garden for planting.

To set up the vertical garden, the beneficiary will receive 75% of the cost of setting up the vertical garden, and the beneficiary will bear 25% of the cost.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode, and Kannur Corporations intend to allocate 330 units during the fiscal year 2021-22. A single unit costs Rs 23,340. The SHM will provide 75% of the whole amount, which is Rs 17,505. The recipient will be responsible for the remaining 25% (Rs 5,835).

Components of Vertical garden 'Arka'

The main components of the Arka Vertical Garden are –
  • The 'Arka' vertical garden is only 1 square meter in size.
  • It has four vertical levels with 16 pots for planting vegetables.
  • The wheeled construction is outfitted with drip irrigation.
  • Main central support is attached to the base frame.
  • To irrigate the plants, a 25-liter plastic container is placed on top of the structure.
  • Dripping laterals, microtubes, and drippers are used for irrigation.
  • Seeds and supplies for plant nutrition management and plant protection will be provided in addition to the structure.

Application Procedure and Eligibility Criteria

  • The beneficiary must be a resident of the Corporation regions of the districts of Ernakulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kollam, Trichur
  • For the project to be implemented efficiently, the beneficiary must comply with regular inspections by the State Horticulture Mission.
  • The selected recipients must pay Rs 5835/- (25 percent of the total cost) in advance to the State Horticulture Mission Kerala.
  • When the beneficiary payment is received in the State Horticulture Mission-Kerala bank, the final beneficiary list for the provision of AVG structures will be established.
  • The date of application submission will be used to favor beneficiary selection.
  • The Arka Vertical Garden Structure should not be used for anything other than the project's stated aim.
  • The recipient must be present for the installation of the Arka Vertical Garden structure.

Also Read: TO PROMOTE THE STATE’S AGRICULTURE EXPORTS, MAHARASHTRA LAUNCHES ITS OWN AGRICULTURE EXPORT POLICY

You May Also Like


Comments


No Comments to show, be the first one to comment!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *